Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sewing Attention Deficit

Feeling like projects are always started and never finished. (er, this IS a universal problem, right?  Please tell me I'm not the only seamstress who suffers from Sewing Attention Deficit?)
Either the idea never makes it to fabric.
Or the fabric never makes it from cut to sewn.
Or the finishing of the garment.  Ugh, how I do not relish finishing. 



So to prove to myself that yes. I. can. do it...  (in other words, "Marie, get up from that comfy couch and start sewing all the ideas you have for Christmas gifts.")

I pulled together a bunch of pictures to show myself what I have done.  I CAN finish a garment or project.  See, self?  Now go finish the rest :)





Motivation to keep on keepin' on. 
And definitely what I'm going to do whenever I feel like I am just. not. doing. Or getting done.

Now I suppose I should get back to work.

2 comments:

Isabel said...

I feel exactly like you, I have so many things almost finished but they didn´t turned out the way I wanted, so they are still waiting to get fixed. I call these projects in "stand by". Besides my sewing machine is not very good..so I get very frustrated.
But I know some day I will finish everything. Love the stuff you made.

Marie said...

Thanks for the kind words! I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone :) My birthday present this year was a new machine - LOVE :) Definitely worth it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails