Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kid Art Note Cards

 

This post from Prudent Baby on kid art trivets reminded me of a similar project we did last Christmas.  Ben made art note cards for his greatest fans - his grandmoms.  With Valentine's Day approaching, this might be a nice gift if you need something for the loving grandparent in your kiddo's life :)  It's also a good way to use some of the thousands of finger paintings that are decorating your fridge.

They turned out better than I had imagined.  I was picturing something cutesy for the grandmothers to use as notecards, but thought it might end up looking uber "kid" like.  Which is fine, because these ladies pretty much love whatever their grandkids do :)  But I was pleasantly surprised that not only were they a great kid project for the grandmoms, the cards ended up looking pretty cool in their own right, too.
These are easy to make.

Step 1: Have kiddo finger paint with lots of different colors :)  Or, save up finger paintings over the next couple of weeks.

Step 2: Cut card stock out to your preferred note card size.  We took 8.5 x 11 card stock and cut it in half so we had two 4.24 x 11 pieces.  Then fold that in half and you have a note card :)

Step 3: Crop the finger paintings to fit.  They looked nicest  when almost completely filled with paint and had some of the paint continuing unseen off the edge of the crop.  I cropped the paintings about 1/2 inch smaller than the note card.  That left a 1/4 inch border on each side when I mounted it to the card stock.

 

Step 4:  Glue to the note card.  I used a glue stick (so fancy.  I know :) ).  I wrote in Ben's name and the year.

Step 5: Buy some note card envelopes.  Or, had I known about this etsy how to back when I made these, I might have made my own envelopes to match.

Step 6: Wrap your gift up for your child's Valentine! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails