Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lemon and Rosemary Roast Chicken in the Slow Cooker



Add a roaster chicken and all of your ingredients are right there in that picture.  This dinner tastes delicious and takes about 7 minutes (really.  that's it.) to prep.  Then, put everything in a slow cooker and by dinner the bird is so tender and amazing.  Cheap meal, tasty meal, lots of leftovers for soup or salad or whatever else you want to make. (Please forgive the sad state of my rosemary.  I live in a climate that is not so kind to the plant over the winter.  It was the best I could clip from  my herb garden :) )

Read more after the jump.

Juice 1/2 a lemon into a bowl.  Add a generous amount of salt, fresh ground pepper, and some chopped rosemary.  Rub it on the skin.  If you can stand to do it, gently separate the skin from the meat and rub on the meat, too.  This really gives the meat a nice flavor.



I just like this salt box so much, I had to add a picture :)  I keep it hanging right above the stove.




Cut up 2 cloves of garlic,  grab a few roughly cut pieces of onion, a few sprigs of rosemary, and the lemon halves.  Stuff them into the cavity of the bird.



Put at least four generous pats of butter on the bird.  Put one on each breast, and then two more evenly spaced.  I also put these under the skin, right against the meat.

Place the roast chicken in the slow cooker, set on low if you put it in early in the morning before work. Set on high if you get it in by 12:00.  Add about an inch of water to the bottom.


Leave it alone and open at dinner time :)

Sorry I don't have any pictures of it all cooked.  We ate it too fast!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails