Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Spiced Hot Chocolate

This hot chocolate is so easy to make and is so rich to drink. It always makes us slow down and enjoy it and relax. Ben and I make it together before his nap. He stacks up some hatboxes, calls them train cars, and pretends he is on the Polar Express. Nothing helps you go to sleep like a full belly of warm chocolate milk :)  Get the very easy how to after the jump.
Ingredients are easy, and I approximate everything.

2 c. milk
1/4 to 1/2 tsp cloves (when making for Ben, I use ground, when making for me, I use whole.  I just like the flavor more)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp or more ground cinnamon
dash of vanilla
2 c. (I use two BIG handfuls of dark chocolate chips)

We store our chocolate chips in that big biscotti container.  We eat a LOT of chocolate chips in this house...


Directions
1. heat milk on medium
2. add spices and stir
3. add chips a handful at a time and stir till melted





Pour into cups (will make one cup each.  Or if you are like me, two cups for one!) and serve. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails